CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Birthday fun

So, I have been whining about my Zach Morris phone for awhile now and it's finally paid off!  I have officially joined the 21st century!  Cory got me a great new phone for my birthday and I'm so excited to learn how to use it!  It has buttons and everything!  ha!  ;)  Anyway, he had asked me theoretically a week or so ago... if I got a new phone what color would I get?  My favorite color is red so he and my brother and sister-in-law played a joke on me wrapping up their old red phone (which was still newer than mine by the way) and giving it to me.   When I opened it up I thought Cory had just found a red phone on ebay for me and I was actually excited about it  (like I said, it was still newer than mine).  They were all looking at me like I was crazy and about the time I realized it was Eric's old phone my purse started ringing.  So, I went to my purse and pulled out this great new Sanyo Katana II phone!!!  How he got the service switched over and timed all that so well I don't know because I had been using the relic all day... Regardless, it was a fun surprise and sweet that he didn't just hand me the phone but put thought into the presentation!  
Kayla just gave me the best present she ever could've too.   I put her to bed and after we said her prayer and sang Blue Skies and Rainbows I just laid there and held on to her for awhile trying to soak up some precious time with my quickly disappearing baby girl.   I thought she was asleep and I was getting up when her sleepy little voice said "Mommy, I love you all the way to the sun; all the way from here to there.   Can I have another hug and kiss?"   
Kayla, I love you all the way to the sun and back and you can always, always, always have another hug and kiss!

1 comment:

Gena said...

Happy Birthday! Those are both the sweetest birthday presents ever.