Please continue reading for an insightful essay on toilet paper...
On my latest grocery shopping excursion my list included tp. Seems like a pretty simple thing, right? Do you realize that the entire side of an aisle at Crest is nothing but toilet paper? This seems a little bit like overkill to me but, whatever, I already know what kind I want so it's still simple. I migrate toward the Charmin section of the toilet paper wall and herein lies the problem...somebody please help me understand why in the world are there 27 different sizes of toilet paper rolls? I really do not know other than maybe it's to confuse the consumer because on every package it says "compare to __ regular rolls". So, here's a thought, if we're comparing everything to regular rolls anyway than why not just make regular rolls? I tried for a minute or 2 to figure out whether it was a better deal to get 8 mega rolls or 12 big rolls, or 24 regular rolls or maybe 9 large rolls or wait, what about the jumbo rolls, but ya know it was late and I just don't have it in me to do that kind of math anymore today. So, I don't even remember what I got but I'm sure I could've gotten a better deal if I'd just had my calculator with calculus functions with me.
On my latest grocery shopping excursion my list included tp. Seems like a pretty simple thing, right? Do you realize that the entire side of an aisle at Crest is nothing but toilet paper? This seems a little bit like overkill to me but, whatever, I already know what kind I want so it's still simple. I migrate toward the Charmin section of the toilet paper wall and herein lies the problem...somebody please help me understand why in the world are there 27 different sizes of toilet paper rolls? I really do not know other than maybe it's to confuse the consumer because on every package it says "compare to __ regular rolls". So, here's a thought, if we're comparing everything to regular rolls anyway than why not just make regular rolls? I tried for a minute or 2 to figure out whether it was a better deal to get 8 mega rolls or 12 big rolls, or 24 regular rolls or maybe 9 large rolls or wait, what about the jumbo rolls, but ya know it was late and I just don't have it in me to do that kind of math anymore today. So, I don't even remember what I got but I'm sure I could've gotten a better deal if I'd just had my calculator with calculus functions with me.
But, it gets better...can you believe it!? I am telling Cory about my tp adventure when he exclaims "Oh, I was reading the package of toilet paper in the bathroom last night..." Rrrrkkkk, back up, just a minute, did he just say he was reading the package of toilet paper in the bathroom last night? Wow, I'm not even going to elaborate on that, let's just go back to where he left off. "and do you know how many patents there are for toilet paper?" Surprisingly, I did not so he proceeded to tell me. Anyone want to venture a guess? 54-that's right-54...patents...for toilet paper. And in true Cory fashion he emphasizes that with a comparison to the iPhone. How many patents does the iPhone have, you ask? 1. With all it's features and technology, internet and applications, the iPhone still has 53 less patents than a package of toilet paper.
But, I believe it does only come in 1 size...

4 comments:
Too funny! One day DJ was standing in the aisle trying to figure which was a bigger deal...I grabbed a package and walked off! I didn't care!!!!!
LOL. Only Cory would know/care/remember how many patents TP has.
I didn't know YOU had a blog! YAY! And I love that you blogged about toilet paper. I missed Kyler too but hopefully I'll see him SUNDAY! ps I'm sucking Lauren into the blogging world I'll let you know when it's up!
Angela
I love your TP frustation story! Isn't it the truth!?!! Are they trying to trick us with all the different size rolls so they can get more money out of us somehow? Anyway, I love your blog! Great pictures! It may say this post is by Gabrielle....it's Jill W. Sorry..still trying to figure all this out! :)
Post a Comment