CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, November 7, 2008

First Love

One of these days I'm going to post a slideshow of our Halloween/pumpkin patch pictures but for now...
Kyler participated in all the Halloween festivities but we didn't take a trick-or-treat bag for him since he doesn't eat candy yet.  So, he ended up with 2 pieces from people who just couldn't stand to see him empty-handed.  One of which was this tootsie roll which he immediately fell in love with and would not put down for a couple of days!  He rediscovered it again today and was still just as smitten!  

Asleep on the way home from the zoo, took the tootsie roll with him!
Carrying it around the house.  He has to hold on to walk but one hand will have to be enough for now!  
If it tastes this good with the wrapper on, can you imagine actually getting to eat it!?
  
I have so much catching up to do it's not even funny.  I'll tell you what's to blame-some of my friends and you know who you are got me hooked on the stinking Twilight series!  Since Fall Break my main goal in life seems to be to find out if Bella will choose Jacob or Edward and if it's Edward does she become a vampire.   Sounds riveting, doesn't it?  Go ahead and laugh if you will but I dare you to read the first one and then back away!  ;)  Anyway, this nod to my teenage years is quickly coming to a close...I'm about 150 pages away from the end of book 4 so I should be joining the real world again soon.  Except for Nov 21st when I have to attend the opening of the movie.  ;)  For now, I've got to write these funny quotes down before I forget.  
Over Fall Break we were in Nebraska.  One afternoon we were backing out of Cory's parents driveway and something caught my eye in the neighbor's yard.  It was 2 very large squirrels playing and I said "those are some huge squirrels over there!"  I really don't know why it was so funny besides how random it was but it continues to be a joke about the giant mutant squirrels. Maybe you had to be there...
Then, on the way home from church last Sunday night we were talking about stopping at Target to look at their Halloween clearance because we just didn't get enough candy the 4 times we went trick-or-treating!  HA!   Cory said "Lets look at their costumes.  I really want a gorilla costume I can wear places."  In all seriousness, like that's the most normal thing in the world.  He could not understand why I was laughing.  Which made it even funnier and the more I thought about it the more I laughed  until the tears were just streaming down my face.  I realize he meant to costume parties or other gorilla appropriate occasions (whatever those might be) but that's not how it came out!  Again, it might have helped if you were there but it still makes me giggle!  ;)
I'm sure you expected these to be funny quotes from the kids but I guess sometimes parents say the darnedest things too.   This has got to be up there with one of my worst posts ever but, hopefully I'll have something more interesting to say soon...  Or maybe just some pictures! ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I love little Kyler--I love Kayla too. And I actually hate you because it is YOUR fault (indirectly) that I am so interested in Bella/Edward/Jacob...

Stacey said...

So that's why I have barely seen you in months. I see...

jenn b said...

Oh, I am so busted!! If only I could read during normal human hours. I'm sleep depriving myself right now just to get through these books!